Golden cookie cups with a surprise Nutella filling! These gooey Nutella cookie cups will blow your mind with their surprise filling of dreamy Nutella goodness.
- 250gms softened butter
- 1 cup of brown sugar
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large egg
- 3 cups plain flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 15 teaspoon Nutella
1. Line a plate with baking or parchment paper. Dollop 15 teaspoons of Nutella on and pop them in the freezer for at least 60 minutes.
2. Preheat oven to 180 C (350 F) standard / 160 C (320 F) fan-forced. Grease a 12 hole muffin tin well with butter or cooking oil.
3. In a large mixing bowl, beat the butter and sugars using an electric beater for a minute or two until well combined. Add the eggs and the vanilla and beat until combined.
4. Now add the sifted flour, baking soda and gently mix briefly until well combined.
5. Use a cookie scoop to divide the cookie dough into 15 even-sized balls. Then grab the Nutella from the freezer and dent a hole in the dough and place a frozen piece of Nutella inside. Cover the Nutella with the dough ensuring you can not see the Nutella from the outside.
6. Place in the oven for 10-14 minutes or until the tops are golden brown.
7. Remove from the oven and let the cookies cool for about 15 minutes, then very gently run a butter knife around the edges and lift the cookies out.
8. These are best enjoyed hot!