These cookies fudge brownie cookies are full of rich ooey-gooey chocolate, yet have a crunchy outside shell. These cookies are super easy, fast, and utterly decadent!
There are a few key components to creating this recipe to ensure it turns out perfect:
– COLD BUTTER – Yes, the butter needs to be cold. This is how you are going to achieve your gooey centres, and not allow the cookies to spread in the oven.
– CORNSTARCH – This is an ingredient that gives these cookies a soft and lovely texture so do not skip!
– COOKING – Cook four a time because they are that big. This recipe should create 9 large cookies!
Lastly, do not over-bake! The trick to the gooey centres is undertaking them. They will appear soft when you remove them from the oven, but trust me, they will set as they cool so do not be tempted to cook them longer.
- 230gm Cold Butter cut into small cubes
- 1.5 cups sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 cup Dark Baking Cocoa
- 1/2 cup cornflour
- 2 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 400gms of your favourite chocolate
1. Preheat oven to 410 or 210c degrees.
2. In large bowl, cream together cold butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 4 minutes. Add eggs one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
3. Add cocoa, all-purpose flour, cornstarch, baking soda, and salt and stir until combined.
4. Stir in chocolate.
5. Separate dough into large balls and place on lightly coloured cookie sheet. Lightly press on top of the dough to smooth out. If you have a scale, you can make them anywhere from 4.5 ounces - 6 ounces. You will fit 4-6 cookies on one large cookie sheet. The dough makes 9 extra-large cookies.
6. Bake for 9-11 minutes or until golden brown on the top. Let them rest for at least 10-15 minutes to set.