Today I am going to explain how to bring restaurant-quality Chilli Chicken home with this super simple recipe. Once you start making it, you won’t be able to stop – it truly is the best chilli chicken ever! A popular and delicious Hakka, Indian Chinese takeout dish, dry chilli chicken is made with crispy chicken chunks and lightly tossed in a spicy chilli sauce. Packed full of amazing flavours from both worlds. This recipe is a dry chilli chicken version, however, if you prefer the gravy version of chilli chicken then just double up the sauce recipe to make it saucier 🙂
IF YOU MADE THIS RECIPE, WE WOULD LOVE TO SEE YOUR RESULTS. Tag us on Instagram and/or comment below 🙂
- For chicken:
- 800gm boneless chicken (preferably dark meat)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon crushed/minced ginger
- 1 teaspoon crushed/minced garlic
- 2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 egg
- ⅓ cup corn starch
- For Sauce:
- 1/2 capsicum
- 2 green chillis
- 1 red onion
- 1 spring onion
- 1 teaspoon garlic
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- Clean chicken and cut into bite-size pieces.
- Add all ingredients under marinade into a bowl along with the chicken. For best results, leave to marinate for at least 30 minutes.
- Add chicken into oil and shallow fry until chicken is cooked through & place aside while you prepare your sauce.
- In a pan, add oil, garlic, and green chilli. Fry for some time.
- Add in onion petal, followed by capsicum, and spring onion. Cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add in sauces, and mix well.
- Add the fried chicken pieces and mix well so that the pieces are coated with the sauce.
- Cook for a few mins & garnish with chopped spring onion greens.