Today I am showing you how to make Chocolate Caramel Brownies. These brownies are packed with chocolate, are super fudgy and the gooey caramel on top take these to the next level!
So simple but SO delicious, they will be gone in seconds!
- 200g butter
- 2 cup sugar
- 4 free-range eggs
- 1.5 cup plain flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup good-quality cocoa
- 150g good-quality dark chocolate, cut into small chunks
- Caramel - as required
1. Preheat the oven to 180c conventional. Line the base of your tray with baking paper.
2. Melt the butter then whisk in the sugar. After the mixture is cooled (you don't want to cook your eggs) add the eggs one at a time and whisk to combine.
3. Sift the flour, baking powder and cocoa into the mixture, add the chocolate and very gently fold with a wooden spoon or spatula until just combined. Pour the mixture into the prepared tin.
4. Add caramel on top and press into the brownie mixture.
4. Bake in the oven for about 20-25 minutes then test with a skewer. These brownies are done if the skewer still has a little of the mixture clinging to it. Remove from the oven and cool in the tin before slicing.