Cinnamon Banana Bread Muffins taste just like banana bread but in muffin form! They are perfectly light and moist, loaded with banana flavour and sweetness. These are topped with butter and a sweet cinnamon sugar crumble – so simple, yet so yum!
These make a great lunch box filler, and are perfect for after school treats as well – my kids love these! Of course, the topping is optional so if you don’t want the added sugar, you can skip this step.
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable or canola oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup mashed banana
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 + 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- cinnamon & sugar topping:
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1. Heat oven to 180c or 375 degrees. Spray bottoms only of 12 regular-size muffin cups with cooking spray. Or you can also use liners if you like.
2. In a mixing bowl combine the sugar, oil, eggs and stir with a wire whisk. Add in bananas and vanilla, whisk until combined.
3. Add in flour, baking soda, salt, and stir together until just combined - don't over mix.
4. Divide batter evenly among muffin cups.
5. Bake 17 to 21 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in centre comes out clean. Remove muffins from pan to a cooling rack.
6. For the cinnamon & sugar topping: Combine the sugar and cinnamon. Dip muffins in melted butter and then into cinnamon-sugar.