These are the best double chocolate muffins you’ll ever have! These muffins are super chocolatey, moist and crunchy tops. You won’t need any other recipe!
- 2 cups (280g) all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup (75g) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1/2 cup canola or vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee, optional (enhances the flavour of the chocolate, but you can leave it out. You won’t taste the coffee in the muffins)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup of chocolate chips and chunks
1. Preheat oven to 190C degrees. Butter 12 muffin cups or line them with liner paper.
2. In a large bowl sift together flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add sugar and mix.
3. Create a well in your dry mixture, add eggs, milk, oil, coffee granules and vanilla extract.
4. Fold the mixture with a wooden spoon or a rubber spatula just until combined. Do not over mix. The batter should be thick and lumpy. Add chocolate chips/chunks and stir.
5. Divide the mixture between the muffin cups and fill them almost all the way to the top. Bake at 190 for 15 minutes total or until a toothpick inserted into the centre of the muffin comes out clean.
6. Transfer to a wire rack and let cool for about 10 minutes before removing from pan.