A delicious baked Crème Caramel Recipe with easy to follow instructions! Caramel Custard/Crème Caramel is such a delicate dessert that you can make ahead of time, meaning they’re a great dinner party dessert idea!
Caramel Custard/Crème Caramel have simple household basic ingredients that you probably already have in your kitchen: Egg, milk, sugar, and vanilla. All you need is the right technique! Let’s get started 🙂
This recipe serves eight. You can serve in a loaf tin, or in ramekins. half the recipe for a serving for four.
- 4 large eggs
- 4 egg yolks
- 3/4 cup sugar (caster sugar)
- 4 cups of milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 90ml water
- 1 cup granulated sugar (caster sugar)
1. Preheat the oven to 300 F (150 C).
2. Bring the water and sugar to a full boil over high heat and continue to boil until it turns an amber colour. Pour the caramel into your ramekins or dish and set aside.
3. In a large mixing bowl, whisk the whole eggs and egg yolks with the sugar. Pour in the milk and whisk gently, and then whisk in the vanilla. Strain the mixture into ramekins or pan.
3. Bake for 90 mins (if in a loaf pan) or 45mins if in ramekins. A knife or skewer needed to be inserted into the centre of the custard and come out clean.
4. Cool to room temperature then place in the fridge overnight.
5. To serve, run a knife around the inside edge of a ramekin/dish. Place a dessert plate over the ramekin/dish and invert both to reveal your beautiful Caramel Custard/Crème Caramel.